The patented Suture Groove™ Gold Eyelid Weights feature recessed suture channels that perfect implant fixation and improve eyelid cosmesis. Employed for the surgical treatment of lagophthalmos, SutureGroove™ Gold Eyelid Weights are forged from pure gold and incorporate the innovative suture-channel design for superior fixation and cosmesis.
SutureGroove™ Slim Gold Eyelid Weights are surgically employed to:
- Treat lagophthalmos.
- Assist in eyelid closure and the blink reflex.
- Protect against corneal exposure keratitis.
- Improve cosmesis associated with lagophthalmos.
Features and Benefits
- Innovation and Design The depth of the SutureGroove™ channel approximates the diameter of a regular 6.0 suture (400 microns). Extending from the suture hole to the edge of the implant, this smooth channel embeds the suture, achieving a stable, virtually immovable position.
- Expanded Surgical Options SutureGroove Slim™ are 40% narrower than the traditional design, providing a more-contoured, less conspicuous appearance within the eyelid.
- Enhanced Cosmesis and Patient Satisfaction By eliminating the elevated suture lines, you also provide your patient with a smooth, acceptable eyelid appearance post-operatively.
- Manufactured Precision All SutureGroove™ gold implants are forged from pure gold, ensuring a precise, smooth, residual-free gold weight for every surgery.
- The standard SutureGroove™ line includes eight (8) traditional configurations: 0.6 through 2.8 grams.
- Each weight is quality-inspected to ensure a smooth surface and round, tapered edges.
- All weights are packaged sterile and secure.
- Larger/custom weights available upon request.
- The depth of the suture channel: 400 microns.
- Grooving of the sutures significantly reduces implant shifts during and after surgery.
- Eliminates elevated suture lines. Improved cosmesis.
- The SutureGroove™ Slim line includes five (5) narrow configurations: 0.8 through 1.6 grams.
- 0.75 mm thick: 25% narrower than traditional design.
- Provides a more-contoured, lower-profile appearance with the eyelid.
Weight Selection: Patients are tested preoperatively. Sample weights are temporarily taped or affixed to the affected eyelid to determine amount of weight necessary to facilitate adequate closure. References indicate that proper weight will cause a slight degree (~ 1mm) of immediate postoperative ptosis during primary gaze. This condition should resolve 1-2 months after surgical implantation.
Surgical Placement: The SutureGroove™ Slim Gold Eyelid Weight may be placed onto the tarsal plate in septal, mid pretarsal or low pretarsal position. The weight is sutured into place through the three grooved, preformed suture holes. 6-O nylon sutures are recommended.
The surgeon is best advised to employ the methods that his or her training or judgement dictate to be best for the individual patient.
The SutureGroove™ Slim package includes convenient peel-off labels that display the implant weight, model number and tracking number. One label can be affixed to the patient's hospital chart, the physician's file and the device-tracking card. Additional labels are provided for your convenience.
- SutureGroove™ Slim Gold Eyelid Weights must be sterilized according to manufacturer specifications.
- Appropriate surgical technique and weight-placement are critical factors in the avoidance of potential adverse effects at the surgical site.
- The reaction of the body to any surgical material is not completely understood.
- SutureGroove™ Slim Gold Eyelid Weights are intended for single-use surgical applications.
- As with any surgical procedure, the possibility for infection exists.
- As with any surgical implant material, the possibility of an adverse reaction exists. Extensive, long-term use of gold eyelid weights indicates a very low risk of reaction.
The relevance of the reimbursement codes depends on indications of use and geographic region.
Please use the hotline or email to determine what the guidelines are for your area.
IOP Reimbursement Hotline: 1.888.700.9005
IOP Reimbursement Email: email@example.com
Gold Eyelid Weight SutureGroove
99.99% pure gold eyelid weights are offered in a variety of sizes ranging from 0.6 gram to 2.8 gram and are available in "slim" profiles as well. SutureGroove weights are often used to correct Lagopht...
- Effects of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Fields on Gold Eyelid Loads
- Eyelid Reanimation for the Treatment of Paralytic Lagophthalmos: Historical Perspectives and Current Applications of the Gold Weight Implant
|GOLD-06||SutureGroove Gold Eyelid Weight 0.6 g.||Register to See Pricing|
|GOLD-08||SutureGroove Gold Eyelid Weight 0.8 g.||Register to See Pricing|
|GOLD-12||SutureGroove Gold Eyelid Weight 1.2 g.||Register to See Pricing|
|GOLD-16||SutureGroove Gold Eyelid Weight 1.6 g.||Register to See Pricing|
|GOLD-22||SutureGroove Gold Eyelid Weight 2.2 g.||Register to See Pricing|
|GOLD-24||SutureGroove Gold Eyelid Weight 2.4 g.||Register to See Pricing|
|GOLD-26||SutureGroove Gold Eyelid Weight 2.6 g.||Register to See Pricing|
|GOLD-28||SutureGroove Gold Eyelid Weight 2.8 g.||Register to See Pricing|
|GSLM-10||SutureGroove SLIM Gold Eyelid Weight 1.0 g.||Register to See Pricing|
|GSLM-16||SutureGroove SLIM Gold Eyelid Weight 1.6 g.||Register to See Pricing|