Labtician Proportional™ Lid Load gold eyelid implants provide a treatment solution for lagophthalmos, allowing the ophthalmic surgeon customized sizing to incorporate all three crucial dimensions:
Proportional™ Lid Load Gold Eyelid Weights are surgically employed to:
- Treat lagophthalmos.
- Assist in eyelid closure and the blink reflex.
- Protect against corneal exposure keratitis.
- Improve cosmesis associated with lagophthalmos.
Features and Benefits
Thickness: thinner in the low weight range for patients with smaller
and thinner lids
Length: shorter at the high weight range where managing length is important
Width: rounded perimeter and corners for enhanced cosmesis
- Available in a variety of weight ranges to customize fit and function for a wider range of patients providing for improved outcomes and enhanced relief
- 7 different Proportional™ weights available in 0.2 gram increments
The next generation of gold eye lid weights that provide corneal protection withenhanced cosmesis
Weight Selection: Patients are tested preoperatively. Sample weights are temporarily taped or affixed to the affected eyelid to determine amount of weight necessary to facilitate adequate closure. References indicate that proper weight will cause a slight degree (~ 1mm) of immediate postoperative ptosis during primary gaze. This condition should resolve 1-2 months after surgical implantation.
The surgeon is best advised to employ the methods that his or her training or judgement dictate to be best for the individual patient.
The SutureGroove™ Slim package includes convenient peel-off labels that display the implant weight, model number and tracking number. One label can be affixed to the patient's hospital chart, the physician's file and the device-tracking card. Additional labels are provided for your convenience.
- SutureGroove™ Slim Gold Eyelid Weights must be sterilized according to manufacturer specifications.
- Appropriate surgical technique and weight-placement are critical factors in the avoidance of potential adverse effects at the surgical site.
- The reaction of the body to any surgical material is not completely understood.
- SutureGroove™ Slim Gold Eyelid Weights are intended for single-use surgical applications.
- As with any surgical procedure, the possibility for infection exists.
- As with any surgical implant material, the possibility of an adverse reaction exists. Extensive, long-term use of gold eyelid weights indicates a very low risk of reaction.
Gold Eyelid Weight Proportional™ Lid Load
99.99% pure gold eyelid weights are offered in a variety of sizes ranging from 0.6 gram to 2.8 gram and are available in "slim" profiles as well. SutureGroove weights are often used to correct Lagopht...
|GOLD-06||SutureGroove Gold Eyelid Weight 0.6 g.||Register to See Pricing|
|GOLD-08||SutureGroove Gold Eyelid Weight 0.8 g.||Register to See Pricing|
|GOLD-12||SutureGroove Gold Eyelid Weight 1.2 g.||Register to See Pricing|
|GOLD-16||SutureGroove Gold Eyelid Weight 1.6 g.||Register to See Pricing|
|GOLD-22||SutureGroove Gold Eyelid Weight 2.2 g.||Register to See Pricing|
|GOLD-24||SutureGroove Gold Eyelid Weight 2.4 g.||Register to See Pricing|
|GOLD-26||SutureGroove Gold Eyelid Weight 2.6 g.||Register to See Pricing|
|GOLD-28||SutureGroove Gold Eyelid Weight 2.8 g.||Register to See Pricing|
|GOLD-77||Private: SutureGroove Sizing Kit||Register to See Pricing|
|GSLM-10||SutureGroove SLIM Gold Eyelid Weight 1.0 g.||Register to See Pricing|
|GSLM-16||SutureGroove SLIM Gold Eyelid Weight 1.6 g.||Register to See Pricing|